In life there are always new things. Sometimes new is good, sometimes new is uncomfortable. A theme of mine is “life is what you make it”. How we respond to new things and the attitude we take about it will dictate how uncomfortable we let it make us. We all know that person who never seems to get down, always looking on the bright side of life. (queue monty python song) How do we do this? How do we get there? I believe that it truly takes a mental switch in our attitude. Take a breath, look at the big picture, close you eyes, etc.. We’ve all heard them before, but they work. The blonde does Yoga. I ride the motorcycle and hike with Duder. These activities help us to make that mental switch. We can all learn from Duder, take it in stride and go on.
Duder, had been experiencing new things since he arrived to us. Below, he has a new Bow tie, and a new warm coat. His response is below. He got used to them very quickly though…
Training a puppy is fun!!! Teaching them what to do, what not to do… It can be exhausting. Duder has been pretty good in his training. We put a bell by the back door and he rings when he needs to go out. This has backfired a bit as he will ring it when he is not getting the attention that he wants. The blond even thought she could teach him how to go in the toilet,,, see video below.
Got me thinking,,,, am I trained? Has the blonde trained me over the years? Holy Crap!! she has me so trained it’s scary. examples:
- She can look at me with one particular look in her eyes and I know that I need to go to the store and get her ice cream. Don’t even have to ask.
- If she calls me on the phone, the tone of her voice gives me instruction, no need to listen to the words. I am trained to obey.
- She says: “this wall is too empty” – I obey by walking to the shop and building a shelf.
- She comes into my man cave, I hand her the remote.
- She folds her arms, I get her a blanket.
- She says: “Honey Bunny….” I grab her key and go fill her car up with gas.
- The list goes on…but I get my treat, so I am happy.
The blonde decided we need to dress him up with a bow tie. He looks rather dashing eh?
This concept of the blonde dressing people up is nothing new. She has been doing this to me since we met, 30 plus years ago. Why do women do that? Some possibilities:
- She does not want to be embarrassed to be seen with me?
- She needs to be in total control of every aspect of my existence?
- She is giving me a hint that she wants me to dress her?
- I have no fashion sense? (actually, I just don’t care)
- I have turned into one of her dolls from her childhood and she just likes to play dress-up with me?
Duder came to us several months ago from Idaho. Here he is at about 7 weeks.
So, the blonde and I have 3 daughters and 2 granddaughters. So, when she finally gave in and let me get a puppy, I had to get a boy. He is my little duder.